School of Commerce Economics and Management
Sergei I. Skriba
Ph.D. in Economics, Associate Professor
Dean of the School is Sergei I. Skriba, Ph.D. in Economics, Associate Professor.
The School has existed since the establishment of the Byelorussian State Institute of National Economy in 1933.
During the pre- and postwar periods the School's name was the School of Economics and Commerce. It trained economists, commodity experts and accountants for trade organizations.
Among the deans of the School are:
the postwar period - I. Kryuk; D.hab. of Engineering Science, Professor
1970-1079 – Roman M. Karseko, Professor
1979-1991 – N. M. Ilyin, Ph.D. in Economics, Associate Professor
1991-2007 – V. N. Platonov, Ph.D. in Economics, Professor
At present, the School is training 2,900 full- and part-time students.
Full- and part-time students are trained majoring in the following areas.
with a specialization 1-25 01 10 Commercial Activities,
- Specialization 1-25 01 10 02 Commercial Activities in the Market of Consumer Goods;
- Specialization 1-25 01 10 18 Commercial Activities in Catering Enterprise;
- Specialization 1-25 01 10 04 Commercial Activities in the Foreign Market (full-time education)
with a specialization 1-25 01 09 Commodities Science and Goods Expert Examination
- Specialization 1-25 01 09 01 Commodities Science and Expert Examination of Foodstuff;
- Specialization 1-25 01 09 02 Commodities Science and Expert Examination of Non-foods.
The School comprises five Departments providing the educational process:
- Economics of Commerce;
- Business Activities Management;
- Commodities Science of Non-Foods;
- Commodities Science of Foodstuff;
- Physics and Chemistry of Materials.